- 1 - 2 People
Per person you will need:
A half teaspoon of horseradish
A generous bundle of chopped chives
A good dollop of Crème fraiche
Salt and Pepper to Season
A decent sized potato
Crisp garden leaves
A dollop of aioli or garlic mayonnaise.
- Bake the large baked potato without foil for approximately 50-60 minutes at 170°C. Remove from the oven when a cocktail stick passes through the potato with ease.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Now slice the cap off the potato lengthwise. Take approximately a quarter of the potato off the cap.
- Using a spoon, scoop the potato from the cap and place in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Now scoop the inside from the remaining potato being careful to leave 1-2cm depth of the potato on the inside.
- You're basically creating a bowl from the baked potato and you want to leave just enough skin so that the potato can stand alone on a plate without falling in on itself.
- Add the scooped out potato to the bowl with the potato from the cap.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and seasoning to taste.
- Now spoon the mixture back into the hollowed out baked potato.
- Pack it up loosely so as to give a pyramid effect and then gently even it out towards the sides.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180°C and bake until brown crispy edges appear (approximately 6 minutes).
- Remove and serve with crisp garden leaves and a dollop of aioli or garlic mayonnaise.
Nice and simple, you will be sure to impress with this easy to make twice baked potato.