- 1 - 2 People
- 2 Killenure Gourmet Dexter Beef Steaks
- 400g Potatoes
- 40g Butter
- 100mls Milk or 20mls of Double Cream
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Rock Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Black pepper, to taste.
1. Peel and chop the potatoes then transfer to a large pan of water, bring to the boil. Allow potatoes to boil for 15-20 minutes - until they appear soft.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the Killenure Dexter Gourmet Beef Steaks. Pour the olive oil into a bowl and add the crushed garlic cloves, rock salt and ground black pepper, then mix. Rub the mixture into both sides of the beef steaks.
3. When the potatoes are cooked, drain and return to the pan. Heat the milk and butter in a small pan and combine with the potatoes. Following this, mash the potatoes using an electric hand whisk or a potato masher. Season with rock salt and ground pepper, to your taste.
4. Place the steak in a pan on a medium to high heat and cook according to your preference. See below for a timings guide for blue, rare, medium rare and medium steak.
The following times should be adhered to depending on how you like your steak cooked: (Please note that the timings relate to steak which is 3-5cm in thickness).
Blue: Cook for approximately 1 min 30 seconds on each side.
Rare: Approx. 2 mins 25 seconds on each side.
Medium-Rare: Approx. 3 mins 25 seconds on each side.
Medium: Approx. 4 mins 30 seconds on each side.
If you prefer your steak well done, then cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Don't forget! - The steak should rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes which ensures a juicy, moist and tender piece of meat.