- 1 - 2 People
Crab, macaroni cheese pan-fried Castletownbere scallops caviar of apple jelly:
Macaroni and crab cheese Ingredients
½ pint of cream
2oz Worcestershire sauce
2oz red wine vinegar
8oz cream cheese
6oz fontina cheese
1 banana shallot
1lb elbow macaroni pasta
1lb crab meat
Caviar of apple jelly Ingredients
1 litre of pressed apple juice
10 grms of Agar Agar
Pull off the coral-coloured roe and discard if you like.
Remove the muscle that attaches the scallop to the shell.
Method - Macaroni and crab cheese
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook the shallot
- Add the cream, Worcestershire sauce , red wine vinegar, cream cheese and mascarpone until almost boiling
- Mix in fontina cheese, crab meat and cooked pasta
- Cover with breadcrumbs
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC until crispy
Method - Caviar of apple jelly
- Bring apple juice to the boil
- Add your Agar Agar
- Bring to the boil again, allow to set
- Place into your blender and pulp until small fine bits
Method - Scallops
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil until hot.
- Season your scallops and arrange them in the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute then turn and cook for 30 seconds more.
Tip: Cooking scallops requires a hot pan and sear rather than steam. Season well