- 2 - 4 People
2 Shallots, finely chopped
450 gram Salmon, filleted and skinned
Kerrygold Butter 1 Tablespoon
Dry White Wine 150 ml
Chopped Parsley 1 Tablespoon
Mashed Potatoes, no cream and no butter in the mash
2 Tablespoons Plain Flour
100 Grams of soft white Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 200c/400f/ gas 6.
- Butter and season a tray sprinkle with the shallots sit the salmon on top drizzle with white wine season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 8- 10 minutes – the salmon should be firm to touch but still pink in the middle.
- Sit the salmon in a colander over a pan to collect all the juices.
- When all the juices have drained place in a small pot and reduce on a stove until a nice syrup consistency.
- Break up the salmon into flakes add the syrup chopped parsley then fold in the potato until you have a binding texture. Check for seasoning and roll into 12 to 18 ball shaped cakes.
To Breadcrumb – Lightly pass through the flour, beaten eggs and breadcrumbs, repeat the process again.
To Cook – Deep fry at 180c/ 350f for 4-5 minutes, drain well.
Serving suggestion: Serve 3 per portion on a bed of steamed baby spinach and lemon butter sauce!