- 6 - 8 People
75g Glazed Cherries
60g Brown Sugar
3 Eggs (medium size)
½ tsp Mixed Spices 50g Treacle
- Soak the sultanas, currants, cherries and Guinness overnight.
- Beat butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in colour.
- Add eggs one by one and continue to beat together.
- Sieve the flour and spices and add to the mixture.
- Finally, add the treacle and fruit to the mixture.
- Line and grease a 2lbs cake well and add mixture to the tin.
- Bake at 130C/270F for 1 and a half hours approx, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!