The Kitchen's Duo of Belgian Chocolate & Hazelnut Rustic Cookie
- 500 g of flour
- 2tbs of baking soda
- 250g of Demerara brown sugar
- 2 Coolattin free range eggs
- 300g Irish butter melted
- 100g of peeled hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 100 g of good quality 70% Belgian dark chocolate
- 100 g white chocolate
- 25 g of chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 180 c (350 F) Place flour, soda, sugar, eggs, butter, chocolate & hazelnuts in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Divide mixture between 8x10 heavy based skillets or terracotta lugged dishes and press to cover the bases evenly, coming half way up the side of the pan/dish.
- Place on a large baking tray and cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve with coffee ice cream.