• 500gm Kilmore Quay, hake or cod fillets, skin removed & roughly chopped
• 500 gm baby potatoes
• 2 eggs
• 1 tbls horseradish cream
• 1 tbls finely grated lemon rind
• 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
• 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
• 40gm butter
• 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
• 1 tbls lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 tbls baby capers, rinsed
Recipe by The Kitchen @ Gorey
Fish is a superfood, it is packed with vitamins and minerals and is a major source of omega-3 fatty acids.
1. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice garlic & capers in a bowl and mix well.
2. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and roughly mash. Add the fish, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, eggs, lemon rind, parsley and horseradish to the potato, combine and season to taste.
3. Form 4 patties with the mixture and press into the extra breadcrumbs. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the patties in batches for 3-4 minutes a side, or until golden and cooked through.
4. Serve with the mayonnaise and lemon wedges.