- 1 - 2 People
50g French beans, top and tailed
½ red onion, finely sliced
150g fresh Irish Albacore tuna
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp Donegal Rapeseed Gold Selection Oil with Fennel
Parmesan shavings to serve
There’s nothing quite as delicious as some fresh fish cooked and served to perfection. In this recipe the Donegal Rapeseed Oil Company shares their fool proof steps to creating the perfect tuna dish. Beautifully served with fresh lemon flavours, a hint of peppery goodness and the refreshing wholesome flavour of French beans.
1. Wrap the tuna in cling film and place on the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up the fish.
2. Blanch the green beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes then refresh in ice cold water until cold. Drain and set aside.
3. Mix together the green beans and sliced red onion.
4. In a bowl mix together the lemon juice and fennel oil. Season with sea salt and pepper.
5. Thinly slice the tuna and place on serving plates.
6. Drizzle with a little of the lemon juice and oil mix and season with sea salt and pepper.
7. Top with the green beans and red onion. Finish with a few parmesan shavings and serve.
Tip: try using Beef fillet for the Carpaccio and replace the Fennel oil with Donegal Rapeseed Gold Selection Oil with White Truffle