- 4 - 6 People
Grilled mackerel, pickled beetroot & sesame yoghurt from The Butlers Pantry Executive Chef Niall Hill
Mackerel 6 fillets
Soya sauce 2tbsp
Beetroot cooked 500g
Cider vinegar 150ml
Bay leaf 1
Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Bring the honey, water, vinegar, peppercorns and bay leaf to a boil. Leave to cool
- Peel and slice the beetroot and add to the pickling liquid and chill overnight
- Brush the mackerel fillets with the soya sauce and leave for 20 minutes.
- Place on a tray under a hot grill until cooked and slightly charred.
- Place beetroot on a plate and sprinkle with the seame, tear the mind and add.
- Slice the shallot and add.
- Finally top with the mackerel.
- Spoon some natural yoghurt and serve.
A Tip from The Butler: Delicious served cold so cook some extra!