- 2 - 4 People
1 goatsbrige trout fillet, pinned & trimmed
6-8 fresh mussels
6-8 fresh surf clams
50ml fresh fish stock
30g sliced chorizo sausage
pinch crushed garlic
1tsp fennel seeds
10g cuinnoeg butter
100g baby vegetables, courgette, heirloom carrots, turnip, peas, baby new season potatoes.
half a lemon
freshly chopped parsley & chervil
Recipe by Barry Liscombe from Harte's Bar & Grill
1. Pre heat your oven to 200'c
2. Heat a sauce pan with a little oil and a little butter, place the chorizo, garlic and fennel seeds and gently render the chorizo for 1 minute, add the fish stock, while this is coming to the boil, heat a non stick pan with a little rapeseed oil, place the trout skin side down, to get a crispy skin, when nice and brown turn and place in the oven for 5 mins.
3. Add the vegetables to the broth, with 10g of the butter, and a squeeze of lemon. stir the broth to emulsify the butter, add the good dash of fresh herbs, check seasoning.
4. Check the trout, allow to rest,
5. Assemble the broth in a bowl with the trout sitting on top, enjoy!
the butter is not need to be used in the broth, just omitt for a low fat alternative.Trout cooks very fast, and is best served medium to get the best flavour and texture.