- 2 - 4 People
• 2 tbsp flax seed oil or hemp oil
• 2 tbsp clear honey
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp sea-salt flakes
• 1 orange, halved
• 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 3cm chunks
• 3 raw beetroot, scrubbed and quartered
• 8 shallots, skinned and halved lengthwise
• 250g green or purple sprouting broccoli
• 50g combination of seeds, sunflower, hemp, pumpkin, linseed, sesame, fennel & caraway
• 50g mixed organic sprouts (alfalfa, mixed beans, chickpeas)
Recipe by Donnybrook Fair 220C/Gas mark 7
1. In a large bowl combine the oil, honey, vinegar and salt. Squeeze in the juice of one half of the orange and stir. Put the sweet potato, beetroot and shallots into the bowl and turn until coated, then pour into a lightly oiled, shallow roasting pan and roast for 20-25min or until tender and golden.
2. Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water in batches, 2-3 minutes each, then refresh instantly in iced cold water. Drain well and put aside.
3. Combine the broccoli and roasted vegetables in a serving dish and sprinkle with seeds and sprouts. Squeeze over the juice from the remaining half orange and serve.