- 6 - 8 People
12oz Cottage Cheese
1/2 pint single cream
1 packet of Lemon Jelly
5 ml of boiling water
4tbs Crossogue Preserves Tequila & Lime marmalade
3 eggs separated
4oz caster sugar
10oz digestive biscuits
2oz brown sugar
6oz butter melted
Crossogue Preserves are famous for their extrordinary number of marmalades, and all of them taste absolutely divine. They've given us this delicious cheesecake recipe which uses their Tequila and Lime Marmalade. We can assure you that you'll be in for a zesty flavour with this refreshingly light dessert.
It's simple and easy and is best made the night before you need it, to give it time to set in the fridge, or about 8 hours before it's needed if using a freezer to set it.
1. Line an 8’’ loose bottomed cake tin with baking paper. This is to make a sliced cheesecake, but you could also get creative and make smaller versions in little ramekins or glasses if you're throwing a dinner party (in both these instance you would just divide the mixture between the seperate holders.)
2. The first thing you will need to do is crush your biscuits. A lot of people do this with a rolling pin, but it doesn't matter how you go about it as long as you have some crushed biscuits at the end of the day.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, and add the crushed biscuits and brown sugar, combine these.
4. Put the biscuit mixture into the cake tin and press firmly down. Put this into the fridge, until you need it.
4. In a seperate bowl make the Lemon Jelly with 5ml boiling water. Leave this to cool.
5. Put cheese, ¼ pt cream into a bowl and beat together.
6. In another bowl, beat yolks and sugar together till thick and creamy. Add the sugar and egg yolk mixture to the cheese mixture.
7. Stirr in the the Lime and Tequila marmalade, and then the the jelly, to form your cheesecake mixture.
8. In a seperate bowl - beat the egg whites till stiff.
9. In another bowl, beat the rest of cream until it's thick.
10. First fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture, followed by the egg whites
11. Take the cake tin with the biscuits from the fridge, and pour the cheesecake mixture into the tin and leave in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for 6 hours.
12. When it's ready, open the tin to remove the paper from around the cake. Decorate as desired, serve and ENJOY!