- 2 - 4 People
- 2 medium homegrown or locally sourced courgettes, rinsed, topped and tailed
- 40g sundried tomato, soaked in cold water overnight
- 40g of green olives, thinly sliced
- 200g cashew nuts, soaked in cold water overnight
- 200ml water
- 20g fresh homegrown or locally produced basil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh homegrown or locally produced garlic
- Heaped dessertspoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- A few freshly cut leaves of homegrown or locally produced rocket to serve
Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, peel the courgettes into a large bowl until you begin to see seeds at the centre. At this stage, set the interior of the courgettes aside for something else*. The courgette strips you now have in the bowl constitute the “tagliatelle”. Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and add them to the courgettes, along with the olives.
Strain the cashews and blend them with the fresh water, basil, lemon, garlic, seasoning and nutritional yeast. To blend, use a high speed blender, a food processor or an immersion blender (we use a vita-mix in the restaurant).
Blend the mixture until a velvety sauce is achieved. If the sauce is still a little grainy, it can be put through a fine sieve. Fold the sauce through the courgette ribbons. Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately, topped with some fresh rocket leaves. Enjoy!
*Add blended to your favourite tomato sauce based dish, sauté with butter (or your preferred alternative), the choice is yours!