- 4 - 6 People
3 eggs, seperated
3 oz plain flour, sifted
3 oz sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 dessertspoon Irel coffee extract
1 tub Glenilen Farm Double Cream
1 dessert spoon sugar
1 dessert spoon real coffee
1. Preheat oven to 180 degres.
2. Whisk egg whites in a spotlessly clean bowl until stiff (I find the Kenwood Chef does a great job)
3. Keeping whisking and add the egg yolks, followed by the sugar. You should now have a lovely light creamy foam.
4. Very lightly fold in the flour, not all at once, in 2 or 3 batches.
5. Now gently fold in the coffee and when mixed spread into tin, gently.
6. Bake for 10 – 15 mins or until just firm to touch.
7. Put a clean tea towel on a cooling tray, tip the cake out onto tray , remove parchment paper and use tea towel to roll up cake. Leave to cool completely.
8. Whisk the cream with sugar and coffee until stiff.
9. Tip: if you think the whipped cream is too stiff add milk a teaspoonful at a time, until at the desired texture.
10. Unroll the cake , spread on the filling, roll up again.
11. Trim the ends, and dredge with icing sugar.