- 2 - 4 People
- Chicken Legs-4no
- Cashew Nuts-50gm
- Tomatoes (Pureed)-750gm
- Ginger Garlic Paste-30ml
- Chilli Powder-2tsp
- Garam Masala-2tsp
- Coriander Ground-1tsp
- Fenugreek Leaves-2tbsp
- Green Chilli-1no
- Butter Ghee-15ml
- Mustard Oil-15ml
- Salt-As Per Taste
- Fresh Lemon-1no
- Bouquet Garni- Cloves/Cinnamon/Bay Leaf/Cardamom
- Clean Chicken Legs, Remove all the skin and make deep incisions using a sharp knife.
- Absorb all moisture of Chicken Legs using a tissue.
- Add Chicken legs to a mixing bowl, Add 1tsp Garam Masala,1tsp Chili powder, 1tbsp Ginger Garlic paste, Salt mix it well.
- Marinate it for at least 24 hours. Refrigerate it overnight
To cook the chicken:
- After the chicken has marinated for a day, sear the Chicken Legs on a pan using Mustard Oil. Let it cool.
- Once the chicken is cooled down, Add Yogurt & Mustard Oil & fresh Lemon Juice and mix it thoroughly
- Cook the Chicken Legs on skewers in pre heated oven at 160 degrees for 30 minutes.
- As we are putting Chicken Legs in oven We need to start our sauce.
To make the sauce
- Put Cashew Nuts to boil with enough water to cover them.
- Keep cleaning the scum as cashew boils. Boil the nuts for 15 minutes (till nuts are softened) and wash them with cold water.
- Add Butter Ghee in a sauce pan, Add Bouquet Garni once Ghee has reached its smoking point (which is very High).
- Add 1tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste, Sauté for a minute.
- Add Ground Spices (1tsp Garam Masala, Ground Coriander, Chilli Powder), Cook spices for 2-3 minutes
- Add Tomatoes (Pureed), Jaggery and let it cook on slow heat till oil separates.
- Blend the Cashew Nuts (boiled) in to smooth paste. Add this paste to the Tomato sauce and blend the whole mix using Handy Blender or Soup Gun which ever accesible.
- Check the seasoning, Add Fenugreek Leaves,Fresh Green Chilli, Butter and Cream, Mix it well.
- Add Chicken Legs to sauce and serve it own its own or with Basmati Rice.
- Pour Butter Masala Sauce in a round plate,using a round ring. Take the ring off slowly and rest Chicken Leg (halved) on the sauce. Use Yogurt, Coriander or Red Onions as Garnish
- Mustard Oil gives the best results for roasting.
- Use Good Quality Honey if Jaggery not available.