- 2 - 4 People
Suitable as a side dish for your barbecue or al fresco lunch or dinner. It is also suitable for more festive occasions.
Serves 4 as a starter
- 3 tblsp roasted walnut oil
- 1 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tblsp Irish whiskey
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 8 slices (180g) of Burren Smoked Irish Organic Salmon, cold smoked
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 slices*
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Brown Soda Bread for serving
Making the vinaigrette:
- Combine the oils, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste in a sealable jar, cover, and shake until blended. Set aside.
Making the roulades:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and whiskey.
- Stir in the crabmeat and fennel seeds.
- Spread the crabmeat mixture onto the slices of salmon, roll up into cylinder shapes, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixed greens among 4 salad plates.
- Place 2 roulades and 2 slices of avocado on each, and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the greens. Serve immediately with brown soda bread.
Top Tip: *In order to prevent the avocado slices from going black, brush them with freshly squeezed lemon juice.