- 2 - 4 People
• 200g pearl barley
• 6 celery sticks, cut into small pieces, leaves picked & reserved
• 60ml olive oil
• 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
• 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
• ¼ tsp ground allspice
• 3 tbsp chopped dill
• 3 tbsp chopped parsley
• 300g pomegranate seeds, or 2 large pomegranates
• Salt and pepper to season
Donnybrook Fair Executive Chef, Neil Mc Fadden, has lovingly prepared some super food packed recipes to help kick start your January.
Eat Better and love your food this year with Donnybrook Fair!
1. Rinse the barley with cold water, then place in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of fresh water. Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender but with a bit of bite.
2. Drain the barley and transfer to a mixing bowl. While it is still hot, add the celery, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, allspice and some salt and pepper. Stir, then leave to cool down completely.
3. Once cool, add the herbs, celery leaves and pomegranate seeds and mix in.
Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking, then serve.