10/08/2017 - Stellar Success for the Good Food Ireland Collection at Great Taste Awards
The Great Taste Award winners were recently announced and there was many a food producer across the island of Ireland eagerly waiting to see if they had won one or more of the coveted Great Taste gold stars. We in Good Food Ireland were delighted to see that a large number of the Good Food Ireland Collection were awarded gold stars. No surprise there, as we are well aware of their dedication to using the best local Irish ingredients.
The Great Taste Awards have been running for some time now and each year it grows in popularity. The Gold Stars are recognised by consumers and those in the food industry alike for their recognition of top quality products using great ingredients. This year saw a whopping 12,366 products entered into the competition. The awards were judged by 500 specially trained food writers and top industry influencers who really know their food. Only 35% of those who entered were awarded one or multiple gold stars. So you can see these little gold stars go a long way to putting a smile on food producers' faces.
As with previous years there has been a fantastic hoard of gold stars awarded to those in the Good Food Ireland Collection. Congrats to all in the collection, it's a fantastic achievement!
Here is the full list of gold stars awarded to those in the Good Food Ireland Collection below:
- Wexford Home Preserves - 2 Stars for Clementine Marmalade & 1 Star for No Added Sugar Wexford Blackcurrant Jam.
- Donegal Rapeseed Oil Company - 2 Stars for Donegal Rapeseed Oil Infused with Lemon.
- Boyne Valley Blue - 2 Stars for Boyne Valley Farmhouse Cheese.
- Killowen Farm - 2 Stars for Greek Style Yogurt with Wexford Rhubarb & 1 Star for Greek Style Yogurt with Wexford Blackcurrant Compote & 1 Star for Natural Greek Style Yogurt & 1 Star for Greek Style Yogurt with Blueberry Compote.
- Burren Smokehouse - 2 Stars for Burren Hot Smoked Irish Organic Salmon with Black Pepper.
- On the Pig's Back - 2 Stars for Pork Rilettes.
- Milleens Cheese - 2 Stars for Milleens
- The Wild Irish Foragers & Preservers - 2 Stars for Dandelion Petal Shurb.
- Crossogue Preserves - 2 Stars for Quince & Medlar Jelly & 1 Star for Blackberry Jam & 1 Star for Crab Apple Jelly.
- Ponaire Coffee Roastery - 2 Stars for Columbian Single Origin & 1 Star for Peru Certified Organic.
- Calvey's Achill Mountain Lamb - 2 Stars for Achill Mountain Lamb Rack & 1 Star for Achill Mountain Lamb Shoulder.
- Wild About - 1 Star for Rockin Rosehip & 1 Star for Marrowmalade & 1 Star for Wild Garlic Pesto & 1 Star for Serra del Estrela Mountain Honey.
- Jane Russell's Handmade Sausages - 1 Star for Wild West Wickow Venison Saurages.
- Janet's Country Fayre - 1 Star for Cranberry Sauce.
- Achill Oysters - 1 Star for Achill Oysters.
- Hassett's Bakery & Confectioners - 1 Star for Linseed & Black Pepper Cracker.
- G's Gourmet Jams - 1 Star for Gooseberry Jam.
- Hickeys Bakery - 1 Star for Hickeys Sourdough Bread & 1 Star for Hickeys Rhubarb & Orange Cake.
- Keogh's Crisps - 1 Star for Keogh's Atlantic Sea Salt & Irish Cider Vinegar Potato Chips & 1 Star for Keogh's Just a Pinch of Irish Sea Salt.
- Ballyvolane House Spirits - 1 Star for Bertha's Revenge Irish Milk Gin.
- Killenure Dexter Gourmet - 1 Star for Dexter Jerky & 1 Star for Dexter Dripping.
- Ballymaloe Foods - 1 Star for Ballymaloe Original Relish.
- Glastry Farm Ice-Cream - 1 Star for Yellowman Honeycomb Ice-Cream.