04/10/2017 - The Good Food Ireland Collection Win Big at Irish Food Awards
One of Ireland's Top Food Awards, Blas na hÉireann, recently took place and once again those in the Good Food Ireland Collection were on winning form!
In late September every year, Ireland's top food producers flock to the beautiful town of Dingle in Co. Kerry to attend the weekend long celebration that is the Blas na hÉireann Awards. These awards celebrate the top class food products that are produced across the island of Ireland. Over 2500 products and growing are entered each year all in the hopes that they will receive the much coveted bronze, silver or gold award. Judging comes in the form of blind tasting and is organised in partnership with University College Cork and The Baking Academy in Dublin. All these elements work together to award the best tasting food!
This year saw remarkable success from those in the Good Food Ireland Collection. From homemade jams to artisan gin and delicious baked breads, there was a great variety of top quality products that came out on top.
Congratulations to all in the Good Food Ireland Collection that won awards or were nominated. Please see below for a list of Good Food Ireland winners.
- Tom Durcan Meats, Co. Cork for Spiced Beef (Silver) and Carpaccio Spiced Beef (Bronze)
- Skeaghanore Duck, Co. Cork for Hot-Smoked Duck Breast (Bronze)
- Calvey's Achill Mountain Lamb, Co. Mayo, for Calvey's Achill Mountain Lamb, Lamb Blood Pudding (Gold)
- Glastry Farm, Co Down, for Raspberry Ruffle Sorbet (Bronze)
- Bluebell Falls Artisan Cheese, Co. Cork, for Bluebell Falls Goat's Cream Cheese with Cranberry (Bronze)
- Durrus Cheese, Co. Cork, for Durrus Cheese (Gold)
- On the Pig's Back, Co. Cork, for Pork Rilettes (Silver) and Chicken Liver Parfait (Bronze)
- Donnybrook Fair, Dublin, for Seafood Chowder, (Gold) and Chocolate Fudge (Gold) and Almond Activated Granola (Bronze)
- Carrygerry Country House, Co. Clare, for Seafood Chowder (Silver)
- The Butler's Pantry, Co. Wicklow and Dublin, for Fish Pie with Leeks, Dillisk and Tarragon Mash (Bronze) and Carrot, Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup (Gold)
- The Bretzel Bakery, Dublin, for French Baguette (Gold) and San Francisco Style Sourdough (Gold) and Pain Au Chocolate (Bronze)
- Walsh's Bakehouse, Co. Waterford for Walsh's Bakehouse Traditional Blaa, PGI Status (Silver)
- Hassetts Bakery, Cork for Brioche Bap (Bronze) and Butter Croissant (Silver) and Hassetts Chocolate & Vanilla Dessert Cake (Gold) and Hassetts Granola (Silver) and Emmental Cheese Cracker (Gold)
- Donegal Rapeseed Oil Co., Co. Donegal for Donegal Rapeseed Oil Infused with Lemon (Gold)
- Achill Island Sea Salt, Co. Mayo, for Achill Island Sea Salt (Silver)
- Duvillaun Fine Foods (Harnetts Oils), Co. Mayo and Co. Down for Duvillaun Sea Salt (Bronze)
- Granville Hotel, Co. Waterford, for Granville Hotel Raspberry Jam (Gold)
- Keogh's Crisps, Co. Dublin, for Keogh's Shamrock & Sour Cream Potato Crisps (Gold), Keogh's Irish Atlantic Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Crinke Crisps (Silver)
- Wild About, Co. Wexford, for Wild About Rhubarb Syrup (Silver)
- Ballyvolane House Spirits Distillery, Co. Cork, for Bertha's Revenge Sloe Gin (Gold)
- The Apple Farm, Co. Tipperary, for The Apple Farm of Tipperary Cider Vinegar (Chef's Choice)
- Wild Irish Foragers & Preservers, for Pontact (Chef's Choice)
For more information please contact the Good Food Ireland Press Room - email@example.com