How can a business be approved to Good Food Ireland?
All businesses undergo a rigorous application process with independent inspection based on strict criteria prior to being approved. An essential feature is that Good Food Ireland ensures that its approved businesses achieve and maintain the highest quality standards as set out in the brand philosophy and criteria. Good Food Ireland conduct a formal on-site visit prior to approval and mystery visits thereafter to ensure that we continue to uphold our promise to our customers and to each other. Registration for approval can be made online, please click here.
What is the criteria?
Good Food Ireland standards and core values are based on a superior food offering or its supply
- Demonstrate in a tangible way the link with local artisan partners by highlighting on menus and offering an authentic local food and drink experience
- Showcase the taste and flavour of indigenous food and drink of our island
- Only serve beef of Irish or Northern Irish origin
- Prioritise the use of the core indigenous ingredients of Irish cuisine – lamb, pork and bacon, dairy, poultry, fish, seafood
- Prioritise and feature Irish potatoes, vegetables and fruits in season
- Support and prioritise home baked, in-house cooking/production and handmade items
To prioritise the core indigenous ingredients of Irish cuisine and local food and drink produce, supporting Irish farmers, food producers and fishermen.
Good Food Ireland Mission
To connect international visitors and domestic customers with good food businesses, driving sales using the Good Food Ireland brand as the consumer-facing endorsement of consistent quality and authenticity.
Our Customer Promise
Good Food Ireland sets out a clear definition of what the brand conveys, and the guarantee that it offers customers. It is the single-minded reason for choosing Good Food Ireland.
Guaranteeing simply good food from, and for people, who really do care;
Good Food Ireland gives assurance to food lovers that you will find good, authentic, rewarding food in its approved businesses. You will always get much more than just good local food.