Top Places to Stay and Dine for this Year's Christmas Party
November is the month for Christmas Party planning. Whether it’s a knees up with your nearest and dearest, or a full on bop round the Christmas Tree and snog under the mistletoe with your work colleagues – it’s time to decide where you are having your Christmas do this year.
We have a few suggestions for seasonal shindigs that get you away from it all, to clink glasses and enjoy the spirit(s) of the season in grand style. All with accommodation, so you can really make a night of it. Dig out your best bib and tucker and put on the gladrags. It’s Christmas party time!
FESTIVE FEASTING AT BALLYMALOE HOUSE
In December, Ballymaloe House is a fairy tale location. Christmas lights twinkle and the tree glitters majestically. What a place to have your Christmas gathering. Full lunch and dinner menus are being served from now till 21st December. Enjoy a mulled wine reception then a three-course lunch or dinner in one of the house’s dining rooms. Lunch starts at €40 euros while dinner is €60, with special midweek accommodation deals to be had. (House is not decorated in November due to use of natural foliage from the gardens.)
MULLED WINE AND MAGIC AT MOUNT JULIET
A Winter Wonderland on Mount Juliet Estate in Kilkenny sounds like the perfect spot to have a Christmas party, in our book! Two very special party packages are on offer for the festive period.
Dinner Package in Hunter’s Yard from €70 per person to include:
• Exclusive use of The Stables at Hunter's Yard, Mount Juliet Estate's newest private event space
• Mulled Wine Reception on arrival
• 4 course dining experience created by Executive Chef Ken Harker
• Half Bottle of Wine per person
Dinner Package in the Michelin Star Lady Helen from €95 per person to include:
• Exclusive use of the classic Lady Helen Restaurant
• Mulled Wine Reception on arrival
• Michelin Star 5 course dining experience
• After dinner drinks in the Private Jinks Bar in the Manor House
Contact the hotel directly for accommodation rates on your party dates.
PEACE AND TRANQUILITY AT BEAUTIFUL BEECH HILL HOUSE
Just outside the historic city of Derry, Beech Hill Country House is like a home from home for your festive party needs. There’ll be a fire roaring in the hearth to welcome you and a team of staff to satisfy your every need.
• Christmas Lunch Menus offer two courses for £21.95 or 3 courses at £24.95 per person.
• Or choose the Festive Dinner Menu from £29.95 per person. Make a night of it by booking a room so you don’t have far to stroll home.
• Check with the hotel for rates.
A FINE DINING EXPERIENCE AT FAITHLEGG
Faithlegg Country House & Golf Resort in rural Co. Waterford is a stunning venue for a Christmas gathering. There are a number of options available for Christmas parties with friends, relatives or work colleagues.
• Christmas Parties from €49.95 per person (50 up to 250 people). Includes Mulled Wine on arrival, mini mince pies & tea/coffee.
• December Dining, Private Dining from €55 per person (2 up to 50 people) Includes Mulled Wine on arrival, mini mince pies & tea/coffee.
• Christmas Lunches from €35 per person. Includes Mulled Wine on arrival, mini mince pies & tea/coffee.
• Festive Afternoon Tea €24 per person, Mulled Wine Afternoon Tea €27 per person or Champagne Afternoon Tea €34 per person.
• Christmas at the Clubhouse - Celebrate with your colleagues this festive season in the beautifully refurbished Gold Clubhouse with a delicious 3-Course meal and Mulled Wine from €30 per person.
Accommodation at Faithlegg is opulent and luxurious. Check out rates for your preferred dates, then enjoy a super night’s sleep after your party and a hearty breakfast of local produce in the morning. You can even have a ‘hair of the dog’ from the bar - if the need arises!