Going Green For Saint Patrick's Day
It's that time of the year again when a host of recognisable sites and attractions from around the world go green for St Patricks Day including the London Eye, the Empire State Building in New York and the Colosseum in Rome.
Some of the new landmarks joining Tourism Ireland’s Global Greening initiative in 2017 include:
- One World Trade Center, New York
- City Hall and Heron Tower in London
- Plaça de Catalunya and the fountains on Gran Via in Barcelona
- Pozzo di San Patrizio (St Patrick’s Well) in Orvieto, Italy
- Matsue Castle in Japan
- The Diamond Bridge in South Korea
- A rhino statue in Nairobi, Kenya
- An Ethiopian airlines plane in Addis Ababa
The famous red carpet in Cannes will also become the green carpet. In total, landmarks in 34 countries will get go green this 17 March.
Share your Foodie Snaps from around Ireland this Paddy's Day. Across social media tag your photos @GoodFoodIreland or #GFIPaddysDay and we'll share them!