Food Lovers Monthly Market in BrookLodge & Macreddin Village Co. Wicklow
Brooklodge Hotel in Macreddin Village Co. Wicklow has long been at the forefront of organic, wild and foraged food news. What many people outside the locality may not know is that the venue, in a stunning village green setting, has also been home to the Macreddin Village Monthly Sunday Food Market, taking place between March and October.
A seasonal market which runs from early March to early October, takes place on the first Sunday of each month.
The gang are already gearing up for the next market on July 2nd - and as they say on their website ‘pig on a spit, live jazz, a great barbecue, organic chilled prosecco, creamy pints at Acton’s, does life get any better?!' We don’t think so!
Sunday Food Market Stalls
In keeping with the extremely high food standards employed at Brooklodge, stalls provide the best in superb quality local and artisan foods. Expect to find:
• Organic fruit and vegetables from a long standing grower and importer in Co. Wicklow.
• Super oils and dressings from a producer who has been featuring at the Sunday Food Market since the very first one in 1999.
• Organic meats and vegetables from a local certified organic farm.
• Inimitable pork butcher, Slow Food voice and familiar face at Brooklodge is Ed Hick, who brings his wonderful free range pork products to market.
• Brooklodge also sells its own homemade breads, jams and preserves at the market each month.
• Pure unprocessed unblended Manuka honey sourced directly from New Zealand by a local supplier.
• Cakes from a legendary cake maker from nearby Aughrim.
Diary Dates for Markets
The remaining markets at Macreddin Village will run on July 2nd, August 6th, September 3rd and October 1st. As the summer moves on, so does the produce. This market stays on trend by following the seasons each month. Save the dates in your diary and be sure to call in if you’re in the area in the next few months. Make sure to take lots of shopping bags!